In conclusion, the participants made the following observations:
1. The Congress is held in an international context marked by the intensification of the crisis of globalized capitalism and the explosion of the debt crisis in the North countries with austerity measures. At the regional level, the revolts in the Maghreb and Mashreq countries extend yet. On the national plan, February 20 (M20) movement is no longer a parenthesis of history but the first real opposition movement in the country
2. Always on the national plan, the economic balance sheet of 56 years "of independence" confirms our "interdependence". Our country is dependent on the former "protectors" (European capitalism) who’s taking advantage of this situation to pillage our wealth and increase our dependence. Now, the Economic Institutions international (IMF, WB, WTO) are indirectly controlling Moroccan strategic choices. Local capitalism, closely related to political power, take benefit of these policies and accumulated ostentatious wealth in the depends on wide layers of the population.
3. In this context the M20F was born. Tens thousands of demonstrators each week, since February 20, 2011, claim a better distribution of wealth, the increase in wages, employ for jobless and decent housing, free access to health care and education, etc… .this claims formed the heart of the social struggles since the beginning of the 1990s. The M20F has the merit of having given to such claims a popular print. This movement has succeeded for the first time in the history of the Morocco to bring together the citizens of cities and the countryside around these themes as well as on the basis of the fight against the nepotism which gangrenes State.
4. These mobilizations forced the leading class of Morocco to make concessions. Its objective: get around the popular claims. At the same time it continues to repress and criminalize the protest movements.
5. The small constitutional reforms was just a makeup of despotism. The last elections are only a illustration of a poor comedy that led to a non-popular Parliament and a Government of facade.
6. The DIY operated by these leaders fail to calm the political and social crisis caused by the liberal choices of the State. The program of the Government of facade renewed these policies (free-trade agreements, the debt which absorbs a third of the budget, privatization, etc…)
7. Except that a good portion of the people was able to recognize the superficial nature of these reforms, which do not alter the conditions of extreme poverty, where live more than half of Moroccans. The recent burnings of graduates unemployed are the tragic expression of this social crisis. The continuation of protests and mobilizations is further evidence that the people boycotting these institutions.
8. Taking note of this explosive context, the regime has amplified its crackdown on protest movements (graduates unemployed; students in Taza, Fez and Marrakech, etc.). The social movement to Bouarfa (East) to Safi (Centre) was entitled to a "special" treatment on the part of the Makhzen. Unfair judgments have condemned the symbols of struggles in several cities. Headed Saddik Kabouri in Bouarfa, Abdeljalil Agadil in Safi, the rapper Mouad L7a9ed (the outraged) in Casablanca. The Suppression targeted “wins - bread “of several activists including Mustapha Sandia, Member of our national Secretariat (SN), who is suspended for months ago from his job without legal reason.
In the light of these elements, our association draws the following conclusions:
Repression faced by social movements and the M20F must be condemned with force.
The “All safe” policy adopted by the regime reflects its deadlock and its institutions one.
The measures launched since the beginning of the spring of peoples will not resolve the deep social crisis.
As long as the looting of public funds and the seizure of wealth by a small minority of the population benefiting from clientelistic relationship within the regime will continue, this social crisis will continue to crack down.
That clientelism and nepotism are the same reasons that explain the revolts of the Maghreb and the Mashreq countries.
The resistance is the way to earn victories in our current and future struggles.
The M20F is the Moroccan symbol of this popular resistance.
ATTAC/CADTM Morocco reaffirms its full accession to the initiatives and the dynamics of this movement.
Strengthen the M20F passes through the enlargement of its components, which are the working class, unemployed, students, women, deprived and impoverished in urban as in rural citizens.
Our commitment is unwavering to build "an other Morocco possible", the Morocco of social justice and people’s democracy.
4th national Congress of ATTAC/CADTM Morocco
Rabat, January 29, 2012